Saturday, July 08, 2006

Redbuds aren't RED that's false advertising.

Redbuds aren't RED that's false advertising.
BUT---they are absolutely gorgeous !!!


The Lavendar Twist Redbud
One of My favorite trees:

IMO, Anything with the words twist or twisted in the name will end up on my favorite or list of have-to-haves for my place. I also like it because it is called a redbud but is NOT red.

I love gardening.



Red bud 'Lavender Twist'
also known as Covey Redbud

This red bud blooms in early May. It is one of my All time favorite redbuds because of its very unusual characteristics. It is a twisting, weeping dwarf tree that only grows to between 5 to 7 feet tall. The Covey grows vigorously and is absolutely beautiful when in bloom. The blooms are a soft lavender pink, it's leaves are large, dark green and layer the twisted canopy. This unique tree is hardy and the branches eventually zigzag through-out the entire body of the tree. IMO, This tree is a beautiful specimen even when in winter.



Google it to see a pic -

WHAT !!!!
Why don't I have a picture posted here for you ???
You want me to do everything ???
Google the ding dang tree..............


;)
-insert evil laff here-



That-
is
my
Totally
Twisted
Tree
Tale
for
Today




Return to EVIL Missy in the gardenHome Page