Thursday, July 13, 2006

zin-e-uh, zinn-ees, zinn-yahs,pea-oh-knees,pea-uh-knees,pea-own-yas

zin-e-uh,
zinn-ees,
zinn-yahs,
pea-oh-knees,
pea-uh-knees,
pea-own-yas


How do you pronounce zinnia?
Go ahead- say it out loud.
No one is listening :)

How about peonias?
so far we have zinnias, peonias-

how about marigolds?
mary-golds
mare-a-golds
mar-uh-golds

I said zinn-yahs, pea-own-yas and mare-uh-golds.

I find it very interesting that every day, run of the mill plants and shrubs are called m a n y different things. It all depends on where you grew up. For example, I did not realize until recently that forsythias were not called forsynthia's. I have pronounced it for-sin-thee-uhs my whole life. There is no N in there!!!! I did not know that. You know I will list more as I think of them...


=0)
-insert hmmmm smile here-



I'm done for now, carry on...





Return to EVIL Missy in the gardenHome Page
;)